United Way of Will County fights for the self-sufficiency, health, safety and education of every person in Will County. Through our extensive network of individuals, funded partners and corporate affiliates, we lead collaborations, partnerships and develops solutions to the challenges facing our community.
These collective efforts have resulted in the direct aid to 1 in 3 community members.
Our mission, to unite Will County communities and resources to empower people and create positive, sustainable change, is deeply rooted in our history beginning in 1936.
We believe that United Way of Will County:
- Is an organization that provides support to the Will County community, whether it is through UWWC funding, programs or partnerships.
- Engages individuals, organizations and businesses in Will County to support the UWWC mission.
- Contributes valuable, significant support and resources to engage the Will County Community.
- Provides an organized structure for the fiscally responsible distribution of resources so that donors will feel safe knowing that their contributions are appropriately utilized.
- Brings together local organizations to deal with issues within the Will County community.
- Creates community impact by bringing together local organizations to address the immediate needs and root causes of community issues.