UWWC GrantsFY 2023 Community Grants
Education, Health & Wellness, & Economic Well-Being
For the FY 2023 Community Grants, UWWC is looking for new and returning projects which equitably, effectively, and sustainably meet immediate needs in education, health & wellness, & economic well-being. These investments are made to help people now in a way that sets them up for long-term stability.
How to apply for a UWWC grant
All organizations that are interested in applying for a United Way of Will County Grant in 2023 must register and attend a mandatory orientation session on January 10, 2023. This year we will offer an in-person and an online orientation.
The Organization Eligibility and RFI will open on Monday, January 16, 2023, at 8:00 am and will close on Monday, January 30, 2023, at 4:00 pm. Once the portal closes, submissions cannot be accepted. View grant application key dates.
Eligibility Criteria/General Eligibility Fiscal Year 2023
The following criteria is required to receive UWWC funding:
- Be a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization conducting health and human service programs that focus on economic mobility, education, and health & wellness for residents in Will County, IL.
- Current copy of IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt letter.
- Copy of Corporations By-Laws.
- Copy of organization State of IL Articles of Incorporation.
- Active board of directors that meets with quorum at least quarterly.
- Files Form 990 with the IRS and Form AG990 with the State of IL yearly.
- Most recent submitted Copy of IRS Form 990 and IL Form AG990.
- Submission of appropriate financial materials:
- Annual Revenue less than $100,000 = Compilation prepared by a CPA
- Annual Revenue greater than $100,000 but less than $300,000 = Financial Review prepared by and Independent CPA
- Annual Revenue greater than $300,000 = Financial Audit prepared by and Independent CPA
- If organization has an affiliation to a religious institution, clients are not required to participate to participate to receive services.
- Funds can’t be used for the funding of a capitol project.
United Way of Will County Grant Application Key Dates Fiscal Year 2023
January 10, 2023
Mandatory Grant Informational Session
January 16, 2023
Request for Information (RFI) Online Portal Opens
January 30 2023
RFI Online Portal Closes
February 17, 2023
Invitation to Submit Full Application Sent & Online Portal Opens
March 17, 2023
Application Due and Online Portal Closes
Review of Application
Final Recommendation to UWWC Board & Final Vote
June 1, 2023
Award Announcement Made
June 30, 2023
Partnership Agreements Due
July 1, 2023
FY23 Funding Cycle Begins